Nog even de highlights van Q1 2020.
Zoals ik ze zie, een ander ziet het misschien anders !
Transcript Q1 2020
- The COVID-19 impacts our Automotive and Consumer revenue, but we do not expect a material impact on our Enterprise business.
- The year has started well for Automotive and Enterprise orders, including new business expansions of and extensions of existing contracts, and we believe that our investments to improve our location technology products are delivering to plan.
- Because of our strong debt-free balance sheet, we have the resilience to maintain our course despite the current uncertainties.
- We are, of course, carefully looking at our cost base and avoiding expenses where possible.
- As I mentioned, we're excited with the progress we've made in both winning new deals and expanding on existing partnerships.
- a successful demonstration of fast, high-definition map-building methods in a joint effort with Toyota and DENSO.
- Yes, we've seen substantial interest in our new navigation products for the Automotive industry
- We're in the process of moving all of our services online for online delivery for connected vehicles, And we found traction in the market for those products, and that has resulted in some deals in the first quarter of this year.
- But it's not just in Automotive, we also saw -- seen some activity in Enterprise business as well. I think the importance of the Verizon deal is not to be underestimated. It's a breakthrough deal for us.
- And we see further traction for our APIs Enterprise business, especially on the West Coast.
- But I think fundamentally, it's the underlying technology that gives our customers the confidence that they're choosing the right partner.
- These are important deals. They're lasting for a long time.
- do you think you are gaining market share? YES YES YES.
- But the fully automated driving car is going to take longer than we all have hoped, but the business for HD Maps will continue to develop gradually over the next 2, 3, 4 years.
- Well, Q2 will see negative cash flow. And Q4 will probably see a positive cash flow. And yes, the Q3 is a bit of a question mark.
- Yes, so order intake is strong that leads to a growing backlog order book. the new order intake, is by far the biggest.
- But on product development, on order intake, long-term outlook, we still believe that we can produce a good year from that perspective, and we're fully in position to pick it up in 2021, when we hope everything is back to normal.
- We are now sufficiently developed in our products, that we're winning significant deals on that technology.
Longer term, this is very important because the cost to serve will go down. We get more uniformity in our product offering. The difference in what we need to build for Maps APIs and automotive applications will get narrower
- And does it also make you more effective in basically competing against Google in this particular case? Absolutely
- So the -- I think we're doing very well in the Enterprise business
- Huawei contract. I need to refer that to Huawei to answer that. It is commercially sensitive.